*This post is in partnership with LaCrema Wines. As always all opinions are my own*
Dining alfresco and hosting a party are some of my absolute favorite things to do. Living in Los Angeles we have some of the best weather year round, so why not take full advantage of it? I recently threw a Kentucky Derby Party with one of my favorite wine brands, LaCrema, in my friends backyard! From a sophisticated outfit to an elegant table setting, hat decorating party and the perfect festive drinks and snacks, keep reading to check out my favorite ways to make your next garden party one for the books.
- The Table Setting: the key to a stylish garden party is the tabletop. Even if you’re working with limited furniture, a beautiful tablescape can make all the difference. Pro tip: fresh flowers are a must have (I often grab fresh affordable flowers at Trader Joes). They can turn into basic table into a beautiful one!
2. Create A Comfortable Ambiance: Whether you mix and match furniture for a more rustic vibe or utilize a matching table and chairs, create ambiance that your guests can feel relaxed in.
3. Stock Your Bar: Luckily we were fully stocked with my favorite, La Crema wines! As an official wine sponsor of the Kentucky Derby, La Crema wines were perfect for our derby party. We opted for the sparkling rosé, chardonnay and pinot noir. And, don’t forget cute glasses and cutlery for the table!
4. Create The Menu: depending on what type of event you’re hosting, the right dishes and wine pairings will make the party! This time we opted for a more traditional charcuterie and cheese platter with fruit, nuts and a variety of crackers.
5. Plan Activities For Your Party: I love to plan a little something whether it be flower arranging, croquet, or giant jenga games! But, it wouldn’t be a Kentucky Derby Party without hat making! La Crema wines partnered with Flea Style to send us these gorgeous hats to decorate for the party! And, Flea Style has great some great options for simply buying hats or creating your own like we did! You can check out our hat decorating and unboxing session here!
So, what did you think? Can’t wait to host my next party with LaCrema wines! xo ~ Lovely in LA
SHOP THE LOOKS
GARDEN PARTY FAVORITES